Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The text in TextEdit - John Appleseed

I came to this post grumpy and ready to moan. TextEdit is slow in Lion. I use it a lot - many times every day. Since the Mac OS Lion, when Apple made it auto-save in a similar way to apps on iOS, it has a real problem. It spins its 'I'm busy doing something' ball, preventing me writing my really important and interesting gems. It does get a bit annoying after a while.
But, I now know that I should stop moaning. Moaning is pointless AND I have just learnt that the text that I write will probably never be as good as the text hidden in the application's icon:



Dear Kate,
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things.

Take Care,
John Appleseed



No comments:

Post a Comment