Friday, September 16, 2011

Safari's accidental zoom with Lion and Magic mouse

I've finally twigged why Safari on Mac OS Lion was zooming in for no apparent reason. It only started happening when I started using my Magic mouse which I decided to move from the family iMac.
It wasn't a multi-figure expansion type gesture or a combination of tapping and Command key.
It was of course, the iPhone & iPad smart zoom gesture.

You double-tap a web page for it to intelligently zoom to the main text area of the page. It's not that useful on my large screen so it can be turned off by de-selecting Smart zoom in the Mouse System Preferences.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!

    This has been bugging me for a while, it also happens on my macbook pro touch pad. Couldn't figure a way out of it so I would have to close the window. Funny how little things can become big annoyances.

    ReplyDelete